Today, I decide I will write my diary. My philosophy on life. My thoughts on things. My views on issues. My.. my dreams, my.. My life ? My world. My world which sometimes don't seem so real..

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Second Best

In Leap of Love, Li-Ann sincerely believed that there would be one person out there for her; the one and only; her soulmate and her destiny. In fact, she believed it so much, she wouldn't settle for any till she finds THE ONE! How courageous I must say, for her to stand so firmly in her ideals, and so perseveringly too! Then again, she must be really warped in her thinking tho', to trust that Jeremy is the one for her. C'mon, after a one night stand, then realising that the guy was about to get married, and four years later, that he has a kid?! She must be insane to cling on this tight to her so-called beliefs! But, I respect her for her unwavering mindset not to settle for 2nd best.
KS was 2nd best. She never bat an eyelid to consider him in spite of her unfruitful (or non-existent) love life. Not even after KS' ernest and persistent pursuits.
Eventually, KS, settled for his 2nd best when 1st choice Li-Anne refused to budge.
Marked respect I have for this lady. It's either the best or nothing at all.


But seriously, should we too, bear the same attitude in our lives? What about mine? Should I settle for 2nd best? or 3rd best? of 4th best? or maybe any seemingly good alternative?
CHOICES.
Very often, when we feel like time is running out, we grab and rush to the check-out counter only to realise it had been a foolish decision to have been so impulsive.
In my case, am I rushing for time? Am I in a hurry?..
...
Let me try and figure that out first.. Time to sleep for now. 'nuff mindless thoughts for the night.

11th sep 2005
0500hrs

*One final thought tho'..what if I'm like Li-Anne? Who decides if top choice is best choice? or 2nd best is second to best? DO I REALLY KNOW BETTER??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home